Monday, December 4, 2006

Iron born

I severely doubt I'm going to make it to anything better than Bronze, if that. I mean, I just can't be bothered to put time and effort in if I have no winrate. Meh, I will clear the reload bonus if they throw that up.



However, very soon I may have a winrate! I'm getting a coach. I've told them most of my story. I've told them I suck. I'm under no illusions anymore. I've asked for a cheap-o coach who will help me achieve 5+BB @ FTP 1/2. That's all I want. If I can get that with his help, I can play full time. If I can get that, I will want to actually play. Sure, I'll go through some bad patches. Suckouts happen to every player, winning and losing. But if I'm banking 5BB + 27% RB, I'll be happy to put in 6hrs of 4-tabling every day. That's roughly $3k a month in rakeback, which is enough to cover living expenses. Obviously, I'll be living pretty poorly but it's not that bad. A far cry from a mega balla though. And, obviously, once I'm a solid winning player, my BR will increase to the point where I play 2/4. Hmm, interestingly enough, the RB only increases by 1/6th; you have to be playing 5/10 to see a dramatic increase.



I also think I need to point out that once I am winning, I'll be making money instead of losing it/breaking even on it. So, if I were winning at 5BB I could choose to pay myself 1BB, which plus RB would be 5.8k p.m. if I ground that much per month.



If you want to be more pragmatic, half it. It's still 2.95 p.m. Maybe not much to some people but more than I make from my day job sadly enough.

No comments: